Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken
Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken recipe! This dish is a culinary masterpiece, featuring tender chicken breasts smothered in a luscious creamy Parmesan sauce infused with earthy mushrooms. With each bite, you'll experience a symphony of flavors, from the rich umami of the mushrooms to the creamy tanginess of the Parmesan. This recipe is perfect for a special dinner or when you're craving a comforting yet elegant meal. The combination of ingredients creates a luxurious sauce that perfectly complements the juicy chicken. Get ready to indulge in a truly satisfying dining experience. Elevate your dinner with our Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken and delight your taste buds with its incredible flavors!
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless or 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 whole garlic head minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms, slice them and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side and if you slice it the center it should be cooked. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate near by.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring all the time, until tender.
- Using a slotted turner, remove the mushrooms from the skillet to a plate near by. Using the slotted turner helps removing the mushrooms, while all the liquid will remain in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until tender.
- Add the flour and whisk until it thickens, this will happen very quickly so make sure you have the wine and cream on hand.
- Stir in the white wine and heavy cream. Fold in the parmesan cheese and season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh spinach and let the sauce simmer until it starts to thicken and the spinach wilts. Stir a few times.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the skillet, cover in sauce and let it simmer on low heat for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with 1 cup of grated parmesan and serve with pasta, couscous or bulgur.
- The dish can also be served on it's own, with warm, crusty bread for dipping!
Nutrition Serving Size: 1 Biscuit Calories: 611 | Fats: 34g | Protein: 55g | Net Carbs: 12g