Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken recipe! This roasted chicken is bursting with flavor, thanks to a combination of aromatic garlic, fragrant herbs, and rich butter. With every bite, you'll enjoy juicy and tender meat infused with a heavenly blend of savory and herbaceous notes. Perfectly roasted to a golden brown, this dish is sure to impress both family and guests. Whether you're hosting a special gathering or simply craving a comforting home-cooked meal, our Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken is a delicious choice. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and fill your kitchen with the enticing aroma of this delectable dish.
- 4-5 pound whole chicken room temperature with giblets and neck removed from the cavity
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon zested first and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika optional - for a darker color when roasting
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary tied together
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease with olive oil a roasting pan and set aside.
- Clean the chicken, rinse it under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels. Remove any excess fat and leftover feathers.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, melted butter, and lemon juice, stir well. Place the chicken on a cutting board or into the prepared pan and pour the butter mixture over the chicken. Use your hands to get it under the skin and inside the cavity.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on the inside and outside. Sprinkle on top with the parsley.a
- In a medium bowl combine 4 tablespoons of butter with the chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh thyme, lemon zest, and minced garlic, add the paprika if using. Stir to combine.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken, and get it under the skin as well.
- Stuff the chicken with the halved garlic head, fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh thyme sprigs, and the quartered lemon. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Place chicken breast-side up into the prepared roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes. Baste halfway through cooking, and roast the chicken until juices run clear when it is pierced with a skewer.
- Baste again when the chicken is done roasting, after which turn on the broil and broil it for 2-3 minutes, just until golden.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Use the pan juices to drizzle them over the chicken.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Serving Size: 8 Calories: 413 | Fats: 36g | Protein: 21g| Net Carbs: 2g