Keto Friendly Bacon Jam
Introducing Keto Friendly Bacon Jam: a savory and irresistible spread that combines the smoky goodness of crispy bacon with a delightful blend of herbs and spices. This low-carb, high-fat delicacy is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. Indulge in the velvety texture and rich flavors of this bacon jam, whether you're spreading it on keto bread or pairing it with cheese for a delectable appetizer. With our foolproof recipe, you'll be able to create a batch of this keto-friendly delight in no time. Get ready to elevate your culinary experience and savor the magic of Keto Friendly Bacon Jam!
- 14 slices bacon
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 onion medium
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 oz scotch 1 shot
- 2 tbsp erythritol or any keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tbsp minced garlic add additional 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 7 drops liquid stevia or any keto-friendly sweetener
- Cut the bacon into chunks and put them in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Continue cooking bacon until the fat starts to render out of it.
- Cover pan with grease catcher, so the mess is avoided. Stir occasionally and continue cooking until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Brew a cup of coffee, if you don't have any on hand.
- Remove the bacon from the pan once it's crisp.
- Remove about 1/2 of the bacon fat from the pan and keep 1/2 of the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon fat and let it cook down.
- Continue stirring the onions and garlic, until all of the browned bits on the bottom of the pan have been removed.
- Measure out the apple cider vinegar, scotch, erythritol, hot sauce, soy sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, black pepper, and liquid stevia.
- Add all of your liquid ingredients to the pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and mix it into the liquids. Continue cooking this mixture for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the sauce to reduce well.
- Once your sauce has reduced, add all the ingredients into a food processor. Process everything together until a chunky consistency is formed.
- Measure out your bacon jam into a mason jar and refrigerate. Let sit in the fridge for 24 hours, letting the flavors steep & the fat to harden before serving
Calories: 74| Fat: 6g | Protein: 2g | Net Carbs: 1g